Did you know that most smoothies you purchase in the store or those pre-made smoothies are actually loaded with calories? Do you want the frozen goodness of a smoothie but not the calorie bomb that comes with the on-the go options?
With home-made superfood smoothies, you can enjoy your sweets AND support your health!
When made with wellness in mind, smoothies are an excellent way to incorporate nutrient-rich ingredients into your diet in a delicious and convenient way. You can make them as a chocolate-lover's dream, a tall glass of frozen fruity heaven, or an immune boosting green-machine! What’s more, have them ready to blend and go anytime by keeping them in your freezer for a pre-made meal when you have to rush out the door the next day.
But not every smoothie constitutes a superfood smoothie…you can’t just throw in chia seeds and call it a day! Don’t panic though, because at the FASTer Way we got your back.
Keep reading to learn more about the power of superfood smoothies and how to make the best ones for your health and fat loss goals!
What Makes A Superfood Smoothie?
Superfood smoothies are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help boost your immune system, improve digestion, and promote overall health and wellbeing. Generally, a superfood smoothie contains a mixture of varying metabolism-boosting foods that work in harmony to help support fat loss and lean muscle building.
Use the following as your no-fail ingredients list for a tasty and wellness boosting smoothie:
- Leafy Greens: Spinach, kale, and collard greens are packed with vitamins and minerals, including iron, calcium, and vitamin C.
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are rich in antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and improve cognitive function.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, flaxseeds, and hemp seeds are great sources of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein.
- Nut Butters: Almond butter, peanut butter, and cashew butter are high in healthy fats and protein.
- Superfood Powders Or Supplements: Matcha powder, cacao powder, spirulina powder, and collagen are nutrient-dense powders that can be added to your smoothie for an extra boost of nutrients. Check out our Premium Collagen peptides here!
- High quality protein: Our FASTer Way supplements, such as our premiere chocolate protein powder, are a great source of nutrition to help bolster lean muscle build and meet your daily protein goals, a key component for optimal body composition. Without protein a smoothie can simply be a destructive sugar rush just waiting to hit your system! Our protein powder is second to none!
To make your superfood smoothie, simply combine your chosen ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You can also add a liquid base, such as almond milk, coconut water, or plain water, to help blend your ingredients together.
Try our mouthwatering Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie for a SWEET meal packed with crucial macronutrients such as protein, carbs, and healthy fats!
Benefits Of Superfood Smoothies
The benefits of incorporating superfood smoothies into your diet are numerous and can be the difference between success and failure in your wellness journey!
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect:
- Improved Digestion: Many superfoods are high in fiber, which can help improve digestion and promote regularity.
- Increased Energy: Superfoods are packed with vitamins and minerals that can help boost your energy levels and reduce fatigue.
- Improved Immune System: Antioxidants found in many superfoods can help strengthen your immune system, reducing the risk of illness.
- Reduced Inflammation: Many superfoods are high in anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Improved Mental Health: Nutrients found in superfoods, such as omega-3 fatty acids, have been shown to improve cognitive function and reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Provide your body the nutrition it’s been missing and you’ll revolutionize how you both look and feel!
Get AMAZING Superfood Smoothie Recipes and More With The FASTer Way!
Superfood smoothies are a delicious and convenient way to incorporate nutrient-rich ingredients into your diet - get your sweets AND support your health all at the same time!
By adding leafy greens, berries, seeds, nut butters, and superfood powders to your smoothie, you can enjoy a wide range of health benefits, including improved digestion, increased energy, better immune function, reduced inflammation, improved mental health, and more.
Even better, when you join the FASTer Way family, we give you access to all the recipes you could ever need, both smoothies and solid meals alike, in our delicious, whole food based meal guides! Combined with our guided 30-minute workouts, customized training and goal setting with one of our expert coaches, and an online community filled with like-minded individuals for unending support, you simply can’t lose.