Are you looking for a way to enhance your workout routine and reach your fitness goals faster? Or maybe you want to double the amount of calories you burn but don’t have the time in your busy schedule to extend your hours at the gym…Superset training may just be your answer!
Supersets are a popular workout technique where you perform two exercises back-to-back with minimal rest in between. This method is known to increase intensity, improve time efficiency, and provide a variety of other benefits - double your sweat count in half the time.
In this article, we'll explore the benefits of superset training and provide a basic how-to guide so you can supercharge your fitness for amazing results!
Benefits of Superset Training
It’s time to up your wellness strategy with workouts that WORK - your bikini isn’t going to wait and neither should you! Superset training allows you to tap into the hidden abilities your muscles hold by keeping your heart rate elevated and doubling your fat burn efforts in a single set. Best news? This format is SIMPLE to perform!
Benefits of this workout approach include:
- Time Efficiency: By performing two exercises in one set, you save time and complete your workout faster than with traditional training. This offers you the freedom in your busy schedule to create important memories with your family or enjoy some much needed YOU time!
- Increased Intensity: When you challenge your muscles in new ways, you increase the intensity of your workouts leading to improved muscle growth, strength, and endurance.
- Fat Burning: Supersets keep your heart rate elevated throughout your workout, effectively increasing calorie burn and fat loss. No more grumbling over extra layers that stubbornly cling to your waist!
- Plateau Breaking: Incorporating supersets into your workout routine provides new and different types of stimulus for your muscles, and helps prevent boredom in your fitness routine - no one wants to do the same set over and over again!
Supersets can be performed in different ways, but the basic format involves choosing two exercises that target different muscle groups and performing them consecutively. For example, you could do a set of bicep curls followed immediately by a set of tricep dips. Another option is to work opposing muscle groups, such as chest and back or quads and hamstrings. This helps to give one area of your body a break or rest while you work another to maintain an elevated heart rate and maximize fat burn.
How to Implement Superset Training
Curious on how to use this strategy in your fitness plan?
Keep reading for the basic steps on how to implement supersets into your workout routine!
- Choose exercises that target different or opposing muscle groups to avoid overworking any one area.
- Select weights that challenge you, but still allow you to maintain proper form throughout the set. This might mean starting with lighter weights than you would typically use rather than heavier - remember, proper form is what keeps your body safe and helps to prevent injury or overexertion!
- Limit rest time between supersets to 30-60 seconds. This helps maintain intensity and an elevated heart rate, effectively increasing cardiovascular benefits.
- Start with one or two supersets per workout and gradually increase the number as you become more comfortable with the technique.
Superset Training The FASTer Way
Superset training is an effective and time-efficient way to enhance your workout routine and achieve your fitness goals.
By increasing intensity, burning fat, and breaking through plateaus, supersets can help you reach your desired level of fitness faster. To implement supersets into your workout routine, choose exercises that target different muscle groups, select appropriate weights, limit rest time between exercises, and start with a manageable number of supersets per workout.
With dedication and consistency, you'll see the benefits of supersets training in no time!