What if I told you that whittling your middle has more benefit then simply giving you your dream summer beach bod? That a toned midsection goes beyond aesthetic benefits, but provides numerous functional benefits as well?
That’s right! A strong core isn't just about looking good in a swimsuit. In fact, there are many benefits of having a toned midsection beyond appearances. When you take charge of your wellness and tone your midsection the rest of your body thanks you.
Keep reading to find out how strengthening your core can add to your functional fitness, making every day tasks easier and improving your overall wellness exponentially.
Functional Benefits Of A Strong Core
Your core muscles consist of more than simply your abs, but your back and pelvic muscles as well. All of these components work together to support and stabilize your entire body so you can perform functional tasks with ease.
Having a toned midsection not only gives you a flat belly for the sunny beach days soon to come, but also promotes:
- Improved posture: A strong core helps to support your spine, effectively relieving strain on your neck, shoulders, and back, as well as helping you maintain proper posture. Having the definition required to sit up straight consistently helps reduce pain and prevent injury.
- Increased stability: Your core muscles are responsible for stabilizing your body, which is important for many activities, such as running, lifting weights, and even just walking. Meaning when this area of your body is muscularly developed it becomes easier to perform everyday functions, such as climbing stairs or carrying groceries.
- Improved balance: A strong core helps to improve your balance, making it easier to perform activities that require coordination, such as yoga, dance, or even playing sports. It can even save you from an injury or prevent a fall by giving you the ability to catch yourself before any serious damage occurs.
- Increased overall strength: A strong core is essential for many exercises and movements, like lifting weights, running, or jumping, making it easier to build overall strength and lean muscle for ultimate fat burning power.
- Reduced risk of injury: When your core is weak, other muscles in your body may compensate, increasing your risk of injury. Strengthening your core can help to reduce this risk and provide a solid foundation for your body.
- Improved breathing: The muscles in your core play a key role in breathing. A strong core can help improve your breathing efficiency and overall lung capacity through improved posture.
- Improved digestion: A strong core can help to support proper alignment of the digestive organs effectively promoting healthy bowel movements and increasing fat burn.
Whole Body Wellness With The FASTer Way!
Having a strong core does more than give you the flat belly of your dreams or make daily functions easier than ever, it also boosts mental and emotional health! By infusing your body with renewed energy and burning away stubborn fat your confidence, self-esteem, and body image will all improve. You’ll also experience a decrease in stress, effectively providing a healthier overall lifestyle.
Remember, getting fit isn’t just about looking good, but it’s also about feeling good too!