Even before you reach 50, you’ll likely hear about what a struggle it is to stay fit and keep fat off once 50 hits!
There’s much to celebrate about turning 50 and ringing in each year thereafter - but the truth is, it CAN be harder to shed those extra layers and feel strong and energized during this life stage.
But you don’t have to live by those rules!
Here’s what’s happening:
At this age, metabolism slows down and other health concerns may cause disruptions to your diet and exercise routine. Not to mention, your hormones are undergoing significant shifts that can cause fat storage and uncomfortable symptoms (hello hot flashes and mood swings).
By now, you’ve likely tried all the things and what yielded results in the past has stopped working altogether! There’s no way you can watch your diet any more closely and you don’t want to have to exercise nonstop. Sound familiar?
If you want to break through this rut to feel radiant, light, and fit…it’s time to pivot and implement science-backed principles that promote fat loss, hormone health, and strength!
What to do?
To burn fat, support your hormones, and feel your best in your fifties and beyond, do the following!
- Prioritize protein - Proper protein intake can help curb cravings, maximize the effects of exercise, and assist in regulating key hormonal processes.
- Hit the weights - Incorporating resistance training helps sustain lean muscle and bone mass which contributes to overall strength, a revved metabolism, and healthy bones and joints.
- Get good sleep - Sleep keeps hormones that control appetite in check, helps prevent injury, enhances cognitive function, and gives you the energy needed to stay active throughout the day.
- Intermittent Fast - Studies show that limiting food intake to an 8-hour window can increase fat loss and boost health.
- Cycle your carbs - Carb intake becomes more important as you age. Eliminating carbs completely has adverse effects as does consuming too many for your body and activity level. It’s all about finding the proper amount for you!
As you age, the importance of a healthy diet, keeping your hormones balanced, strengthening your bones, and increasing your muscle tone all become paramount.
And, if you’re ready to take productive action toward feeling your best in your 50s and beyond…read on!
Why You Need the FASTer Way in Your Fifties
You need something that works WITH your body, not against it. Most popular advice will have you do MORE exercise and eat LESS, which results in menopausal mayhem (or pre and post menopausal mayhem), leaving you feeling worse with no results to show for it! At this time, it’s all about working smarter…not harder. Our strategies are the proven leader for fat loss over 50!
If you’re over the menopause mayhem and the battle to stay fit after 50, you belong in our specialty 50s and Beyond round of the FASTer Way starting November 14!