Do you feel like you're doing everything right when it comes to your fitness routine, but still not seeing the results you want?
The culprit may be your stress hormones, specifically cortisol.
Cortisol is a hormone that is released in response to stress and can result in increased anxiety and cause your body to hold onto fat.
But don't worry - there are plenty of foods you can eat that can help reduce cortisol levels and support your fat loss goals.
In this ultimate guide, we'll explore the best cortisol-reducing foods to help you manage stress hormones for maximum results!
How Cortisol Influences Fat Loss
Cortisol is a hormone that is naturally produced by the adrenal gland in response to stress. While cortisol has many important functions in the body, including regulating blood sugar levels and controlling inflammation, prolonged exposure to high levels of cortisol can have negative effects on fat loss.
When cortisol levels are consistently elevated, it can cause an increase in appetite and cravings for sugary, high-fat foods. It can also lead to decreased metabolism and insulin sensitivity, making it harder for the body to burn fat and lose weight.
But with the right diet and lifestyle changes, you can take control of your cortisol levels and optimize your fat loss results. Keep reading to learn about the best cortisol-reducing foods to include in your diet.
Top Cortisol-Reducing Foods
Now that you understand how cortisol can impact your fat loss and overall wellness journey, it's time to take action and incorporate cortisol-reducing foods into your diet.
Here are some of the top foods that can help you manage stress hormones for maximum results:
- Dark Chocolate: Not only is dark chocolate a delicious treat, but it also contains antioxidants that can help lower cortisol levels. We especially love it on Saturday leg days!
- Avocados or Avocado Oil: This superfood is packed with healthy fats that can help relieve stress and inflammation in the body.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are all high in vitamin C, which has been shown to lower cortisol levels.
- Fatty Fish: Salmon, tuna, and other fatty fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce cortisol levels.
- Green Tea: This antioxidant-rich herbal beverage has been shown to reduce stress and lower cortisol levels.
Incorporating these foods into your daily eating can help you manage stress hormones and support your fat loss goals. Remember, eating healthy whole foods is just one part of the equation - be sure to also prioritize regular exercise, quality sleep, and stress management techniques like meditation or yoga to optimize your results.
Incorporating Cortisol-Reducing Foods Into Your Diet
Now that you know which foods can help reduce cortisol levels, it's time to figure out how to incorporate them into your daily meals.
Here are a few ideas:
- Create the perfect snack for a boost of protein with the FASTer Way Cookie Dough Protein Bites! Combining oats, honey or maple syrup, vanilla protein powder, almond or peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, and delicious dark chocolate chips you can create a delicious sweet treat in just 20 minutes.
- Mash up some avocado and spread it on whole-grain toast for a satisfying and cortisol-reducing breakfast or snack.
- Enjoy this delicious, fat blasting, and cortisol-reducing Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding for a simple 4 ingredient, gluten and dairy free breakfast! All you need is chia seeds, almond milk, FASTer Way vanilla protein powder, and raspberries, or any berry of your choice.
- Try this 10 minute Spicy Air Fryer Salmon to help de-stress your body while providing a nutrient-rich meal for the busy mom on the go!
- Swap out your afternoon coffee for a cup of green tea to lower stress and cortisol levels.
Remember, these foods should be part of a balanced and healthy diet, and should not be relied upon as a sole solution for managing cortisol levels. Consistency is key - aim to include cortisol-reducing foods in your meals and snacks on a regular basis, and pair them with regular exercise - like our daily 30 minute workouts - and stress management techniques for maximum results.
Other Ways to Manage Your Stress Hormones
In addition to incorporating cortisol-reducing foods into your diet, there are other lifestyle changes you can make to manage your stress hormones and optimize fat loss.
Regular exercise is a great way to reduce cortisol levels and improve your overall wellness. Aim to include both cardio and strength training exercises in your routine. At the FASTer Way we provide daily guided 30 minute workouts that incorporate both these elements and more!
Quality sleep is also crucial for managing stress hormones. It's recommended to get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night and establish a consistent bedtime routine to help your body relax and prepare for sleep.
Stress management techniques like meditation, deep breathing, yoga, or even just making sure your drinking enough water can also be effective in reducing cortisol levels. Find a technique or combination of techniques that works for you and make it a regular part of your routine.
Finally, prioritize self-care and relaxation activities to help reduce stress levels. This could include things like taking a bath, reading a book, spending time outdoors, or even leaning on family members or loved ones for support can be great sources for stress-reducing practices. Remember, managing stress hormones is not just about what you eat, but also about how you live your life.
Incorporating cortisol-reducing foods into your diet and making healthy lifestyle changes can help you take control of your stress hormones and optimize fat loss. By committing to these changes and incorporating them into your daily routine, you can achieve the results you want and live a healthier, happier life.
Navigate Which Cortisol-Reducing Foods Are Best For You With The FASTer Way!
At the FASTer Way, we understand that managing stress hormones is crucial for our clients who want to achieve their fat loss and lean muscle building goals. That's why we've created a comprehensive guide that includes stress management techniques to help you take control of your cortisol levels and maximize fat loss!
In this FREE guide, Hormone Hacks for Natural Fat Loss, you’ll discover the secrets to optimizing your hormones for lasting fat burn through nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle - that your doctors might not be telling you!