If you’re new to the FASTer Way, we promote gluten-free and dairy-free foods in our meal plans and guides. We do this because those foods have been shown to cause inflammation in the body and prevent you from seeing the results you want.
We have several resources explaining why we encourage eliminating dairy from your diet.
Many clients notice a BIG difference after just two weeks of removing these foods from their diet. They find that bloating is reduced or eliminated, digestion improves and more!
So does that mean there’s no place for bread? No! As long as it’s gluten-free. If you’re looking for something to whip up at home that is both FASTer Way approved and delicious, try these 3 tasty recipes for sandwiches, snacks and sides!
OVEN-BAKED ROSEMARY POPOVERS (GLUTEN-FREE + DAIRY-FREE)
- 1 ¼ cup of rice milk
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with parchment paper or spray with gluten-free cooking spray and set up middle rack.
2. In a large bowl whisk eggs, oil and rice milk.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk gluten-free flour xanthan gum and salt.
4. Slowly sift and mix liquid ingredients with dry ingredients together.
5. Pour batter into cups until about 2/3 full each.
6. Once batter has settled, sprinkled chopped rosemary on top to taste.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce heat to just 350°F and bake another 15 minutes until popovers are golden.
8. Popovers can sit room temperature for a few days and can be frozen for roughly 3 months.
Provided by Just Jessie B
For the Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- Extra melted butter or ghee, for greasing
For the Filling
- 2 links (6 oz.) uncooked sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups total of your favorite “toppings”, finely chopped: sun-dried tomatoes, red or green bell pepper, arugula, bacon, pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, pepperoncinis, ham, green onion, etc.
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning blend (or other dried herbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 9 x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal from the pan. Brush the parchment paper with melted butter (or use an oil spray) for an extra non-stick step.
2. In a skillet over medium to medium high heat, cook the sausage and onion until the sausage is browned and broken into small pieces, and the onion is softened. Set this aside to cool while you work on the bread.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the remaining bread ingredients (melted butter, coconut flour, salt, honey, baking soda water), and stir until smooth. Mix in the cooled sausage & onions, and any other finely chopped “toppings”. Stir in the garlic & herbs.
4. Transfer the “dough” into the lined baking pan and smooth over the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the bread is light golden brown on top, and a fork or toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
5. Let the bread sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve. Dip in your favorite pizza sauce or marinara. Enjoy!
PALEO CORNBREAD MUFFINS
Provided by Just Jessie B
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (cashew or almond will work)
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12-cup muffin tin
- Parchment paper cups or silicone baking cups (to keep things from sticking)
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie dough scoop (for filling up the muffin tin!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment paper cups or silicone baking cups to keep the muffins from sticking.
2. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, melted ghee, honey, and apple cider vinegar) until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly until fully incorporated and smooth.
5. Distribute the batter evenly into the muffin tin (I added 6 standing silicone muffins cups to a baking sheet to make 18 total muffins). Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
To make this in a skillet or baking dish, grease the dish thoroughly with ghee or line with parchment paper to keep the bread from sticking. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown & cooked through.
These are just a few options! There are tons of healthy, delicious bread recipes out there, so while you’re at home, try something new and tell us how they taste! And if you’re looking to step up your game, sign up for the FASTer Way to Fat Loss program where you’ll get daily encouragement, resources and meal ideas you can’t get anywhere else!